Check-In with CFF
With the news constantly evolving around COVID-19, the world feels uncertain right now. No doubt that times are tough right now. We value you, our community partners, and we are committed to staying connected and sharing how to best support the community during this time.
Here are some thoughts and updates:
- Business models across sectors will change – everyone is currently or will be redesigning how they do business.
- Loans or grants are available to nonprofits through the recent legislation and the Small Business Administration.
- While new philanthropy will likely go into hibernation, now is the time for donors to activate their donor advised funds to support nonprofits and causes that need relief the most. Click here for ways you can help. Also see Nonprofit Search.
- It’s important for philanthropy to support long-term solutions and focus on underlying issues. We believe endowment is a powerful tool to provide reliable support to nonprofits and community issues, despite the economic climate.
- CFF is working closely with our partners at Heart of Florida United Way and Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Management to best respond to the impact of COVID-19 on the community. We believe it is most important for philanthropy to focus on the long haul ahead, activating behind government resources.
- We have listed resources on our Disaster Response page here, including a report about responding to a community crisis.
- Beyond dollars, nonprofits will be looking for skill sets and expertise to assist with shifting business models.
- CFF is structured to weather a time like this. With the daily changes, the Foundation is prepared for volatility and will recover when the market returns.
- In the coming days, we will share how you can support the community in a time of need and in the future.
We’ll also share any new updates in philanthropy and how to help support the community during this time. Meanwhile, we’re here for the long haul.