November 05 2019
With the holidays right around the corner, we are here to help make end-of-year charitable giving simple. To ensure your contributions qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2019 tax year, keep these dates in mind.
- Gifts of publicly traded stocks must be made by Monday, December 16, 2019 to ensure we receive the asset by December 31, 2019. Notify us early to ensure a smooth transfer of these gifts. Email Meghan Warrick or call 407.872.3050 for assistance with gifts of stock.
- Gifts of mutual funds must be made by Monday, December 16, 2019 to ensure we receive the asset by December 31, 2019.
- Real estate gifts must have title transferred on or before Monday, December 16, 2019.
- Partnership gifts must have the assignment on or before Monday, December 16, 2019.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to our office must be postmarked on or before Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
- Checks sent via FedEx must be physically received at our office on or before noon on Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
- Credit card contributions must be completed by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
Donor advised fund grant recommendations must be made in MyFund by Friday, December 13, 2019 for grant checks to be mailed out by the end of the year. Timing of grants does not impact charitable income tax deductions.
If you need assistance or would like to further discuss your gift, contact Nicole Donelson at 407.872.3050 or via email.